To Conduct and promote in the State the manifold constructive activities with which Mahatma Gandhi was associated during his lifetime and all such activities required to promote the ideals of truth and non-violence that he stood for including such activities as are carried on from time to time by the Gandhi Smarak Nidhi,Rajghat, New Delhi-1, as enumerated below :
- National unity, internal peace and amity.
- Communal and social harmony and brotherhood.
- Removal of untouchability and such other social disabilities.
- Prohibition of alcoholic and other narcotic drugs.
- Khadi and other Village and Cottage Industries and Handicrafts.
- Nai Talim or New Education (Pre-Basic, Basic and Post-Basic).
- Adult Education.
- Education in health, hygiene and sanitation especially in the run areas.
- Promotion of National Language - Hindi, and all other languages of India.
- Progress of women and children and welfare of students.
- Social and economic equality.
- Promotion and Progress of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry.
- Promotion of the all-sided welfare of the Kisans, labouring classes, adivasis and others in the same or similar category.
- Eradication of Leprosy.